Beefy lows and crisp, clear mids
The J-45 EC Studio serves up crisp, clear mids and highs, which is a refreshing change if you're used to a square-shouldered dreadnought. What's up with that? Epiphone's Advanced Jumbo body shape — first produced in the 1930s — has a big lower bout, along with a smaller, rounded upper bout with a narrow waist in between. This bell-shaped arrangement is what's responsible for the unmistakable clarity that characterizes Epi's Advanced Jumbo acoustics.
You're always stage-ready
The Fishman Presys pickup system in the Epiphone J-45 EC Studio gives you plenty of tone-shaping options. There are bass, mid, and treble tone controls so you can dial in your ideal sound. A notch filter helps eliminate the possibility of feedback while playing live, and a brilliance control helps you cut through the mix. In addition, the phase control helps solve phase problems when recording the Presys output and a microphone at the same time. And a built-in tuner ensures you stay in tune while onstage or at home — a feature we really appreciate here at Sweetwater.
Perfect for singer-songwriters — or in your thickest track
The J-45 EC Studio's big, balanced tone is ideal for singer-songwriters. If you perform solo, the J-45 EC Studio is your perfect accompaniment, serving up the natural acoustic volume and bass response you need, along with the midrange clarity and bell-like highs that are so important for enhanced solo playing. With that said, the J-45 EC Studio also sits beautifully in a track. Again, it's this instrument's inherent clarity that makes the difference. When you've got bass, drums, keyboards, electric guitars, and vocals all competing for attention, you certainly don't need a muddy-sounding acoustic!
Epiphone J-45 EC Studio Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Advanced Jumbo body gives you big sound with unmistakable clarity
- Select mahogany back and sides deliver a thick, mid-forward sound
- Solid Sitka spruce top yields a direct, punchy tone with tons of headroom
- Comfortable SlimTaper C neck and easy-playing Indian laurel fingerboard
- Fishman Presys electronics are on board to deliver stellar amplified acoustic tone
- Built-in tuner ensures you stay in tune while onstage or at home
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Advanced Jumbo
- Body Style:Single Cutaway
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Select Mahogany
- Body Bracing:Hand Scalloped Bracing
- Binding:6-layer Top
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:SlimTaper C Profile
- Fingerboard Material:Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:20, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Kidney-style Tuners
- Bridge Material:Indian Laurel
- Nut/Saddle Material:PVC
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Electronics:Fishman Presys Preamp with Tuner
- Manufacturer Part Number:EE2SVSNH3