Hex-core wounds, Fusion Twist steels
Inside each roundwound string in this lies an NY Steel hexagonal core — the same as you'll find on a set of your favorite NYXLs. This angular core gives the wrap wire more surface to grab on to, yielding better tone and intonation. Plain steels in this set also feature D'Addario's Fusion Twist technology. This process prevents slack in the twist, resulting in greater resistance against detuning and breaking.
D’Addario: innovative strings since 1680
When you go with D’Addario, you receive far more than a great set of strings. You’re benefiting from three centuries of string-making experience. The D’Addario family tradition began in 1680 in the tiny town of Salle, Italy, where they made assorted instrument strings for over 200 years before relocating to New York in 1905. Since then, the D’Addario family has become a leader in string innovation. They designed the modern winding machine, introduced ultra-reliable hexagonal core wires, and pioneered the colored-coded ball end movement. More than 300 years since the family started making strings, D’Addario continues to set a global standard for quality and reliability. And every day, more than 500,000 strings emerge from their USA-based workshops.
D’Addario XT Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings Features:
- Coated electric guitar strings that feel natural and familiar
- Unique coating method protects your strings while preserving an uncoated feel
- Nickel-plated steel wrap wire delivers a strong tone
- Hexagonal core wire promotes overall stability in the string
- Fusion Twist plain steel strings provide extra durability for bending and dive-bombing
- Corrosion-resistant packaging keeps strings factory fresh
- Color-coded ball ends aids in string identification