When AKG created their K240 Studio headphones, they set out to strike the perfect balance between a conventional closed-back design and a high-end open-back design. The result is a pair of headphones that gives you the detailed highs and accurate lows you'd expect from an open-back design, but with the tight, closed-back style acoustical isolation you need for tracking. What's more, K240 Studio headphones let your ears breathe, so you experience next to no ear fatigue — something you'll really love the next time you have to pull an all-night mixing session.Superior sound through superior headphone technology
We could rattle off a bunch of specs or wax poetic about the K240 Studio's Varimotion low-impedance transducers, but the fact of the matter is that AKG truly broke new ground when they engineered these amazing headphones. K240 Studio headphones sport lighter, more responsive transducers than the kind typically found in affordable models. This means K240 Studios respond clearly and loudly even to weak signals, allowing you to monitor unmastered tracks accurately, without cranking the gain. Incidentally, this same low-impedance transducer technology lets K240 Studios get the most out of your iPod or other portable music player, so they're ideal for casual listening, too.Quality construction that's built to last a lifetime
When you invest in a pair of AKG K240 Studio headphones, you get the kind of quality gear you can count on for the long haul. First off, AKG builds their K240 Studio headphones to the highest standards, ensuring that they're ready to stand up to typical studio use and abuse. But accidents happen. Cables can break and earcups eventually wear out. Fortunately, these are easy to replace, and you'll find replacement cables and earcups for your K240 Studio headphones right here at Sweetwater.
AKG K240 Studio Monitoring Headphones Features:
- Incredible-sounding headphones designed for mixing, tracking, and critical listening
- Semi-open-back design provides extreme accuracy without sacrificing acoustical isolation
- Self-adjusting headband gives you the perfect fit without sacrificing comfort
- 10' cable attaches via mini XLR jack and is easily replaceable
- Replacement earcups are available
- Includes gold-plated, screw-on 1/8"-1/4" plug adapter
- Fit Style:Circumaural (Around the Ear)
- Driver Size:30mm
- Noise Attenuation:Passive Noise Isolating
- Frequency Response:15Hz-25kHz
- Impedance:55 ohms
- Connectivity:1/8" plug, 1/4" adapter
- Cable Type:Straight
- Cable Length:9.8'
- Detachable Cable:Yes
- Weight:.52 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:2058X00130